Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Funny Valentine from the musical Babes in Arms

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I feel like I've already celebrated it twice this weekend. Yesterday was pretty much my valentine's day with my hubby, however we are planning on lighting a bunch of candles and making dinner together tomorrow.

Today, I played a gig with the WV Jazz Orchestra at a fashion show for our high school's girls basketball team. We played lots of valentine and love songs. It was very well done, and put on mainly by The Greenbrier Resort. The owner of the resort is also the basketball coach. They served an outstanding buffet, had entertainment, as well the fashion show. All of the clothes were from local stores here, and I definitely got a few ideas from what I saw. It may not have been a big New York fashion show, but it was still fun.

If you ever need a getaway, definitely check out spending a weekend at The Greenbrier. It is located in White Sulphur Springs, WV which is just a 10 minute (or less) drive from Lewisburg, WV which was just voted as Budget Travel's Coolest Small Town in America!!!!

Well that was a nice plug for southern west virginia. Anyway, back to fashion. The dress code for the jazz orchestra is tuxedos. However, since I am the only girl in the group, besides our vocalist, I wear different versions of dress black. Since it is almost Valentine's Day, I decided to wear a red scarf to add a touch of color.
Shirt: Columbia / Skirt: Gap / Tights: Danskin / Shoes: Steve Madden / Scarf: purchased on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas on our honeymoon :)

I thought my coat looked good with my outfit too.... 
Peacoat: J. Crew

Also on the list of things I did today was dye my hair... mainly fix my roots. Its very refreshing to get a haircut or color your hair. It makes me feel really well put together.

I am now watching the Grammy's. Who do you like? Who do you think should win the awards? I'm hoping the live performances don't disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pop of color in the all black outfit! I watched the Grammys tonight, and I loved Cee Lo Green's performance! I'm also confused at how Lady Antebellum won so much, but oh well.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete