Thursday, February 3, 2011

I believe in music, the way that some people believe in fairytales.

I love teaching. I really love teaching music. I had a pretty great day with the high school choirs. I also watched the first 80 minutes of August Rush, three times. The title of this post is one of my all time favorite quotes (from August Rush). How can you not smile after hearing that? If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it to you.

I was very proud of my outfit today. I can't even remember when I bought the skirt, its been so long. When I was looking through my closet trying to become more familiarized with what I do have to be more creative with, I was so happy to find it. Its a pretty bright color, so the rest of my outfit was basic to off set it. I also received many compliments on my shoes from the students. The best part of bootie heels is that you can wear socks and no one knows, which was great for a cold day like today.

Sweater: Gap / Cami: Gap / Skirt: Gap / Tights: Walmart / Bootie Heels: Steve Madden


I also wanted to post a picture of what I made for dinner tonight, because it was that good. Its a recipe I just received from a friend. Its called Crunchy Oriental Salad. Thanks Wendy!


Salad:
16 oz bag coleslaw mix
6 green onions (scallions), chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
3 dry chicken flavor ramen noodle packs, crunched up (saute dry noodles in 1/2 stick butter or bake in oven to brown)
1 flavor packet from ramen noodles
1/2 c. slivered almonds

Dressing:
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 Tbps. soy sauce
1/2 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. vinegar

Mix all ingredients, when ready to serve, add almonds and dressing

I hope you enjoy!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. lOVE the outfit! and btw i sooo August Rush is such a great movie, it's one of those like p.s. i love you that i could watch over and over again. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete