Friday, June 17, 2011

Guest Blogger - Kayley of Sidewalk Ready


Hi Pictures and a Thousand Words readers! Allow me to introduce myself:
I’m Kayley Heeringa, creator of Sidewalk Ready
A little about me:
I am a hairstylist.
My husband and I own a photography business (Kai Heeringa Photography)
I also work part time at the Gap (I like being busy – can you tell?)
I love pretty things – clothes, cosmetics, music, decor …
I have a dog, Shanty, and a cat, Epworth. They are color coordinated – and yes, I did it on purpose.
My husband and I just bought a new house and are moving at the beginning on July!
I have a passion for travelling, but love living in Grand Rapids, MI.
I started blogging about nine months ago on a whim and love, love, love it!

This outfit is one that I featured on my blog about a week ago. Diana hand picked it for this guest blog post!



I like to think that I have a pretty classic style. I love versatile pieces that will last me a long time. That's not to say that I don't have fun with it though! My little twist with this ensemble ...



An open back! This top is reversible. I've worn it with the open side in front over blouses and it looks like a vest!




Give layered necklaces a try! It works best with two pieces of varying length, and adds something fun to an otherwise simple outfit.


These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I love the wood heels as they never seem to get damaged. I'm also a huge fan of shoes with an almond toe!

Outfit Breakdown:
Top: Gap / Tank: Gap Outlet / Skirt: J Crew / Heels: Target / Necklace: Target / Bracelet: Gift

Thanks for reading and feel free to stop by Sidewalk Ready anytime! Also, thanks to Diana for letting me sub!

-Kayls.

1 comment: