Monday, January 7, 2013

Guest Blogger: Marissa from The Modern Austen

Hey guys! I am back from Hawaii! The amount of unpacking and getting my life back in order is ridiculous, so luckily, I still have some guest blog posts to share with you!!! Next up, a good friend of mine from college :)

Hello everyone! My name is Marissa and I blog over at The Modern Austen, a lifestyle blog that features fashion, beauty, DIY, and education posts. I'm an English teacher with a creative musical side; I've just moved out on my own and am learning the joys of apartment living. Many thanks go out to Diana for having me today! Diana and I are sorority sisters and have been friends for about five years now. It has been so much fun sharing this blog journey with her; there's just something special about blog friends, isn't there?
While she is off getting a sunburn in Hawaii (lucky butt), the rest of us are learning how to deal with the cold! Today, I thought I'd share a cute way to bundle up in style.

Here I've paired a basic long sleeved top with a little bit of embellishment (the ruffle down the middle) from Ann Taylor LOFT with a pair of my favorite skinny jeans (Banana Republic), a trusty pair of boots, and a homemade infinity scarf. Without the scarf, this outfit would be a little boring, but the patterned scarf not only adds color and oomph, but it also keeps me warm! It's the perfect outfit for hitting up the before/after Christmas sales or hanging out with loved ones.

Here is a close-up of the scarf. When I got this fabric from my grandma, I instantly knew it should be a scarf! It was a simple DIY that involved cutting a giant rectangle and sewing it together to make a loop. If you want to see some other simple DIY projects, feel free to check out my "Project Gallery" here (http://www.themodernausten.com/project-gallery/).
You can also wear a patterned winter scarf to work, too, as you can see from my post here (http://www.themodernausten.com/2012/11/19/patterned-accessories/).
How are you staying warm this winter? I am digging scarves, sweaters, and fleece pull-overs. What about you?
Thanks so much for having me, Diana! I LOVE meeting new bloggers and readers, so feel free to stop by and say hi athttp://www.themodernausten.com. I enjoy adding new blogs to my reading list :)
Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment